From:
"Beth J. Hillson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:57:27 -0400

Dear ListServe Members,

Hats off to September!  (We’ll miss those summer days, but isn’t it nice to
have the kids back into a routine?)

Along with our monthly specials I wanted to share a couple of hit recipes I’
ll be making for our annual Labor Day barbecue get together:

BETH’S GOURMET BURGERS made with our GFP MONTEREY CHICKEN SEASONING (#861)
and PEANUT BUTTER BARS, a decadent dessert using our OLD FASHIONED CAKE AND
COOKIE MIX (#140) are featured below.

SPECIALS FOR SEPTEMBER
#143.  GFP SPICE CAKE MIX
#140.  GFP OLD FASHIONED CAKE & COOKIE MIX
SPECIAL PRICE:  $3.20 (75 cents off)

SPECIAL PRICE:  $1.00 OFF
GFP MEALS IN CUPS.  Just add hot water, steep, and enjoy.  These are a full
meal and three contain real chunks of meat.

#461.  SANTA FE RICE & BEANS     PRICE: $1.99  (vegetarian)
#462.  HEARTY CHICKEN PRIMAVERA  PRICE: $2.99
#463.  ZESTY CHICKEN GUMBO       PRICE: $2.99
#464.  STROGANOFF STYLE RICE W/ BEEF   Price: $2.99

Be sure to check out NEW ITEMS on our web site at www.glutenfree.com
including CRISP AND CRUMBLE in 12-oz size; our NEW QUICK MIX  (Bisquik-style
mix); and BETH”S ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, a blend of gluten-free flours that works
in all your recipes.

Hope you enjoy these recipes!

Peanut Butter Bars
(Adapted from a recipe in The Hartford Courant)

1 bag GFP OLD FASHIONED CAKE AND COOKIE MIX (#140)
1 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
Filling:
1 cup GFP CHOCOLATE CHIPS (#199)
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk  (I use the low-fat condensed milk)
2 Tbs. butter

Preheat oven to 350°.
In mixer, combine cake mix, peanut butter, butter and eggs. Mix until dough
forms. Remove 1 cup of dough and set aside. Press remaining dough into the
bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. In a microwavable bowl, combine chocolate
chips, milk and butter. Microwave 1-1 1/2 minutes or until chips have
melted. Stir to get a  smooth consistency. Pour chocolate over dough layer.
Drop pieces of remaining dough all over the chocolate filling. Bake 25-30
minutes or until chocolate is no longer shiny. Surface will look wrinkled.
Remove from oven. Cool completely or refrigerate before cutting into bars.

Beth’s Gourmet Burgers

1 lb. ground round
1 lb. ground chuck
1/2  small red onion, minced
3/4  cup crumbled g-f blue cheese
1 –2  Tbs. GFP Monterey Chicken (#861)

Combine all ingredients.  Mix well and form into 8 hamburger patties.  Grill
and serve.

Beth Hillson
Gluten-Free Pantry
800-291-8386
www.glutenfree.com

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food."  Hippocrates