From:
Graeme Chirnside <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Graeme Chirnside <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:43:56 +1300

Hi

I am very sensitive to gluten ingestion. During a recent visit to Central Europe I carried the following translations in the form of small laminated cards. The translations were provided by the Translation Service of the New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs.

Readers are free to use the translations if they are of any use. ( n.b. change the format as presented in this email to a format with fewer words per line - and more lines - so as to obtain a compact card. )

Regards
Graeme
New Zealand.

English

I have a medical condition called Coeliac Disease. I cannot eat foods containing even the smallest trace of wheat, rye, barley or oats as ingredients. Do you have items on your menu I can safely eat?

Rice and corn are safe. Fresh vegetables are safe. Fresh meat and fish must be cooked in a separate clean pan or in a microwave.

Please do not put sauce on my food.

Thankyou.

Italian

Soffro di una malattia che si chiama "morbo celiaco". Non posso mangiare cibi che contengano negli ingredienti neppure una traccia minuscola di frumento (grano), segale, orzo o avena. Avete nel vostro menú dei piatti che posso mangiare senza correre alcun pericolo?

Posso mangiare tranquillamente riso e granturco (mais). Posso mangiare anche qualsiasi tipo di verdura fresca. La carne e il pesce fresco devono essere cucinati a parte in una pentola pulita o in un forno a microonde.

Per favore, non mettete salse sul mio cibo.

Grazie mille.

German

Ich leide an einer Gesundheitsstörung, die als Zöliakie bezeichnet wird. Darum darf ich nichts essen, was auch nur die kleinsten Spuren von Weizen, Roggen, Gerste oder Hafer enthält. Gibt es auf Ihrer Speisekarte Gerichte, die ich bedenkenlos essen kann?

Reis und Mais sind unbedenklich. Frisches Gemüse ist unbedenklich. Frisches Fleisch und Fisch müssen in getrennten, sauberen Gefäßen oder in der Mikrowelle zubereitet werden.

Bitte keine Sauce auf mein Essen.

Vielen Dank.