VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:09:55 -0700
Hello Amy,
There's a newer player in the accessible cell phone software game. Go to
www.optelec.com and checkout Mobile Speaks by Code Factory and
distributed by Optelec. Code Factory is the unaufacturer of Mobile
Accessibility also, which hasn't been real popular as of late because it
is a self contained menu system with speech that you load on a cell.
However, this new Mobile Speaks is like Talks in that it is a screen
reader for the cell phone. You still have to go with either T-Mobile,
AT&T, or Singular, but it is stand alone and can be moved to a different
phone. I've also heard that you can get some reall good deals on
www.letstalk.com
I'm probably going to buy the Mobile Speaks because it seems a little
more comprehensive and I'd have a company specializing in blindness
products here in the U.S. that I can easily contact for any assistance I
might need.