From:
Michael Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:58:52 -0700
I just had to write to announce that for the first time in over 10 years, I
woke up this morning
weighing 175 pounds. I have weighed something like 180-185 for so long,
totally unable to
lose those few pounds, that I had all but given up ever being able to lose
them. I just thought I
was genetically destined to have my dad's stomach.

I started this past week on Sunday at 182, and I am now at 175 and I am not
hungry most of the
time. When I stick to paleo I lose weight and when I break it, I gain it all
back...often in just one
meal. That's what happened last week.

After reaching 178 on Saturday morning, I figured I had a little room to
splurge so I went out
and had fajitas with tortillas, chips, and a yummy quesadilla. Next morning, I
was back up to
182. That's 4 lbs. from just one meal. Yesterday, in contrast, I had eaten
very little most of the
day (not planned) and was so hungry when I got home that I ate almost an
entire rotisserie
chicken in about 10 minutes. When I weighed myself this morning, I still
weighed less than what
I started yesterday at.

Amazing!

What I now see is that I still have a lot of body fat, although most of my
friends are
complimenting me on how thin I look. I don't know what my body fat percentage
is at the
moment, but it's clear that I have at least 10 more pounds to lose. I am doing
a lot of
weightlifting at the same time, though, so I may not lose that much...in fact,
I might gain at
some point, but it's nice to be able to look into the mirror and be able to
see something other
than my gut for a change.

Mike