NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
scott gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:31:38 -0400
I think politics are involved. I know WIC is funded by the American Dairy
Association. When I took my older daughter there when she was 1, they tried
insisting she needed cow milk for brain development, even though I was still
nursing her. She was getting milk from me which is specifically designed for
a human baby's brain development as well as imunities. I tried explaining
that she was getting my milk and that i'm vegan and raising my kids to be
the same. They kept pushing the issue, so I just nodded, said thank you very
much and never went back. I suspect the ADA has also gotten their hands into
the Kellog's industry as well. i'm very disappointed knowing that the
Kellog's corporation used to be a lot more health conscious than what they
are now.
   By the way, has anyone ever met an intelligent cow? Susan Gallant of
Lewiston, Maine