C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:46:56 -0500
Thank you so much for your help! I am working on my dissertation at Penn
State University examining the meaning of the experience of being diverse
and using AAC.  I have attached a flyer about the study to give you more
information.  In a nut shell, I am looking for individuals who use AAC who
are not European Americans--for example African American, Hispanic etc is
what I need.  These individuals need to be 18 or older.  There is a
preference for individuals with cerebral palsy.  I am planning on meeting
the participants wherever they live and video tape an interview between me
and the person about their experiences using AAC specifically discussing
barriers, supports and changes the person would recommend to AAC systems
and services.  It would be 3 interviews each one last about 2 hours
scheduled at the person's convenience. After the interviews are done, I
will be sending the participants some summaries of the findings for them to
comment about.  I am paying the participants for their time ($100 for
completing the study).  There are also opportunities for parents and SLPs
to participate and get paid for their time as well.

I know that neither you nor I want to break confidentiality so I would mail
you packets for you to distribute to individuals who might want to
participate.  The envelopes will be stamped so all you have to do is put
their name and address on it--or you could just hand it to them.

I am doing this project with Dr. Kathryn Drager and Dr. Janice Light at
Penn State University.

If you would like to know more about the study you can email me or contact
me at the numbers below.

Rhonda Davis, ABD, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
814 863-6184 (work)
814 383-4785 (home)