From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:15:01 -0700
I don't think tones should be mandated.  I have many radios that don't
have decode, but do have encode.  I certainly don't plan on scrapping
these radios.  Secondly, the encode is impossible for me to set without
sighted help.  The only thing this will prevent is me bringing up two
repeaters at the same time.  If i'm on repeater a and repeater b would
hear me if it didn't have tone on it, repeater b will still hear me if
someone else brings it up, so I really don't see how this helps the
"interference problem".  Maybe monitoring or bringing up two repeaters at
the same time, but that is all.
73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr