From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:21:38 -0700
Hi All,

On a trade a couple of months ago I obtained a Radio Shack DX-398 portable
shortwave receiver which is the same as the Sangean ATS-909.  This receiver
is fairly accessible by a blind person and I still even have the Braille
list I made of the memories that come programmed standard with the radio.  I
have a copied, not original, version of the manual and it is also available
from me in .txt form.  The radio is missing the little tilt stand on the
back which is the weak point of these radios and I also threw away the vinyl
carrying case because the previous owner was a smoker and it smelled quite
badly.  I have gotten 99.9 percent of smell out of the radio itself.  It
works very well but I already had purchased a Grundig from Radio shack and
this one is excess to me.  Coverages are 150 kHz through 30 mHz AM/SSB/CW
and 88-108 mHz FM including stereo listening with headphones.  It has three
on/off timers, a line out jack for recording purposes and a remote jack to
switch the recorder on at the appropriate time.  I will include the patch
cord with the submini male jacks on each end for this purpose.  The tilt
stand can be gotten from Sangean for free just for the asking and the vinyl
case can be purchased for $5.00.

I would like $100 for the radio or would be glad to talk trade for an Icom
SP-20 speaker or similar speaker with passive audio filters such as one of
the Kenwood models.

Thanks all and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX