From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:14:00 -0600
My husband has had PVCs since birth - basically they do him no harm
altho if he gets a string of them, it makes him feel somewhat weak and
tired.  The main concern with PVCs is when in the heartbeat cycle they
happen.  Rarely, at the wrong time they could stop the beat.  He takes
no medicine for this and simply slows down to rest when they begin to flock.

I have PACs which started several years ago and seem to be related to my
multiple allergies.  I am so allergic to most of creation that it is
difficult for me to live without coming into contact with something most
of the time.  Paleo diet helps immensely but I also found out I had to
cut ALL yeast, both bakers' & brewers', kiwi, sesame seed, mussels like
oysters & clams.  Cutting these as well has also helped and for a while
I got off the beta blocker.  Last August I got an asthma attack while
folding laundry (dust? lint?) that we couldn't stop with the home epi.
Got a ride in the squad with IV benadryl & solu-medrol and a night in
the hospital.  Cardio echogram showed a mess: sinus tach (too fast, ie
100+ at rest) and bad valves not closing properly (down to 20% function
- old undiagnosed result of multiple sore throats in childhood?) so went
home on small dose of  beta blocker.  Managed to wean off that until Dec
when I got sick at work.  Diagnosed "paroxysmal atrial fib" ie top two
top chambers simply quivering rather than beating regularly.  Not
immediately dangerous but sure does make one feel punk! Now on low dose
Cardizem (calcium channel blocker) & digitalis in am, Toperol (beta
blocker) & more dig in pm.  Riding the fine edge so still get irregular
and/or  "miss beats" occasionally when I accidentally get into an
allergen.  Hope to get off medication eventually.  Docs feel the
evidence linking allergies is somehow NEW and therefore subject to
question so talk of things like "silent heart attack" and other such but
can find no evidence thereof.  I also work on keeping my electrolytes in
good balance and usually drink "Smart Water" with added electrolytes.

My husband is in anesthesia and says the following:
1) the idea that one's heart rate should remain steady at all times is
an oversimplification.  Ones rate changes, sometimes with each beat,
One's blood pressure is also that sensitive to body needs.  This is a
problem only when it makes one feel ill.
2) athletes often have ventricles that are bigger that those of most
people because of the demands they have put on their bodies.  Heart
muscle develops with exercise just as do other muscles.
30 if it ain't broke, don't fix it