From:
Manuel Bello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:11:58 -0500
I heard a radio commentator (pretty reliable--almost paleo) that when the
drug companies that were developing the statin drugs to lower cholesterol
fed the test animals a high cholesterol diet that their cholesterol did not
go up. It was only when they fed them casein and fructose that their
cholesterol started to increase.
I did some checking on casein (milk protein) and could not find how much of
it is in different dairy products. I know that the lactose (milk sugar)
changes or is eliminated when milk is fermented (as in kefir or yogurt) but
what happens to the casein. Is it in butter, yogurt, cheeze? I know that
dairy is not paleo, but it seems a lot of people on the list eat some in
different amounts. Does anyone have info they can share?
Preciatit.
Manuel Bello