From:
Andrew Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:36:55 +0100
> so for now at this present rate of "developement" ( that is  living off the
> past and future possible ressources ), earth can't sustain forever the
> artificial life style we impose on ourselves

Is it artificial ? You can argue that there is no such thing as un-natural.
Man is part of nature, not somehow separate from it.  Humans are capable of
farming and tool making, and choose to engage in these activities. Therefore,
they are a part of humans natural behaviour.

> how much useless suffering comes from this unawareness of the interdepency
> of all beings ?

How certain can you be that early humans had this awareness ? You speak with
the advantage of an expensive education, but can you be sure that paleo-man
was this wonderful environmentally friendly person ? He may have been just as
rapacious as modern man, only his lower population preventing him from having
such a global impact. Also, as you say, we are only one of many species, but
are all the other creatures aware of their interdependancy, if they are aware
at all ?