From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:09:25 -0700
On Thursday, Aug 5, 2004, at 13:10 US/Pacific, Mary Anne wrote:

> .... The idea is to try to eat the fertilized egg before you start to
> see
> little features of the creature forming within.
>
> Mary Anne Unger

Or not:) My dog doesn't care. It's interesting that of course the
trained eye can distinguish the embryo; and pathetic that some people
pick these little specks out  of their eggs before cooking. I recently
bought a dozen labeled fertile and a dozen free-range, just to
supplement my usual home production. I saw no sign of fertility, and
both dozen were pale colored, with small yolks and saggy whites, unlike
my wonderful home-raised ones. The surprising thing is that although I
don't keep roosters, my older ladies, who were adopted from a truly
free-range environment at a year old, still produce fertile eggs two
years later! I knew it lasted for some time, but this is a LONG time.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!