From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:01:20 +0100
On Jul 29, 2004, at 5:20 pm, Rundle wrote:
> You'll probably find that once you give up processed foods you lose
> most of the unwanted commercial salt and when you make your own food
> you can use a good brand of unrefined sea-salt like 'Celtic salt' with
> moderation.

Forgot to reply to this... I've seen a lot of different brands of salt
that claim to be unrefined.  I was under the impression that true
unrefined salt is brown from the layer of mineral sediment that settles
below the salt.  But the "unrefined" salt I bought was white.  I won't
start any fires and ask if salt is paleo (although my long-overdue copy
of Neanderthin has been despatched, and I'm looking forward to
comparing the sodium/sat fat arguments with Cordain's), so I would just
like to know what colour paleo salt is, and if I can buy it (in the
UK).  Also, I'd like to know what the ideal quantity of salt is,
bearing in mind I always believed the sodium/potassium balance found in
paleo food was already ideal (or am I missing the point)?

Ashley