From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 05:29:18 -0500
Steve's question about Mercola's book made me think about a question I have
been thinking about. How does metabolic typing fit in with paleo eating
anyhow, or does it?

I like Mercola and he is an advocate of it, but he is also an advocate of
The Maker's Diet which is neither paleo or adheres to metabolic typing. It
gets a little confusing.

Right now I am trying to stick to paleo, avoid the foods I am allergic to
(dairy, eggs, cauliflower, zucchini, basil and more), stick to the veggies
that are correct for my metabolic type (cauliflower and zucchini are part of
those), and avoid veggies with goitrogens due to hypothyroidism. Between all
those restrictions I feel there isn't much left I can eat in the world of
veggies.

Thanks,
Kristina