From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 23:34:21 -0700
As with any condition helped by a paleolithic diet seems to show improvement within a few days,
experimentation is easy and perfectly safe!

I have many letters from folks who got great improvements in ADD, bi-polar disease ( aka
manic-depression ), schizophrenia and most people have noticed an improvement in the ability to
concentrate.  Diet has also been used to greatly improve the condition of Down's syndrome
children.  If it helps, you'll see results almost immediatly!

Try to get your child to eat a pure paleodiet for one or two weeks.  No matter how fussy an eater
he might be, he won't starve in that time and after a few days the cravings for carbs will be
greatly diminished.  Pemmican will be a great help in getting him proper nutrition during this
experiment as I have never met a child who didn't like it (at Gray-Hawk's daycare all the
children line up with their mouths open like little birds when his pemmican can is taken out).
For Gray-Hawk, pemmican was the "baby food" he was weaned on and he still eats it every day (it's
a great vitamin supplement).  If you can't make it yourself, I'm sure someone on this list
(or me) will be glad to send you a batch!

Ray Audette
Author"NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander