ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:07:42 -0600
Ned,

There certainly are  benefits I've found as a result of blindness, which I
question whether I'd have found them if my sight had remained, so yes I too
can praise him for those things. Romans 8:28 works for me...

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose."

So although he has used blindness, he did not necessarily cause it. In fact
I believe that he did not cause it, but rather we do live in a fallen world
and are subject to the bad things which are in it, yet we prevail and it is
used for good as Romans 8:28 says. As well, we too can either take life's
lemons and pucker our face with a sour look, or we can make lemonade out of
it and quench our thirst. The choice is ours, and we move on to better
become God's legitimate children.

Brad