ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:55:58 -0600
Rhonda,

You asked...

>"so what do you think would be a better answer when asked if we do not
>have enough faith?"

Perhaps you could say... "Well? I've mustered all the faith I can scrape up
that you'd shut up and leave, but you just keep flapping your gums. Perhaps
you are just not sensitive to the still small voice of God and the loud
shout of my thoughts, so therefore by default it is you that keeps the
problem going, not my lack of faith."???

Seriously faith does indeed play an undeniable part in healing. One can
hardly find a case of healing where faith isn't explicitly or
implicitly  mentioned. However look at  who was being talked to regarding
faith in the below scripture...

Matt 17:14-20
14 When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before
him. 15 "Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is
suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16 I
brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him."

17 "O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall
I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to
me." 18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was
healed from that moment.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we
drive it out?"

20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if
you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for
you."
NIV

So, who is to say, perhaps it is the faith of the one praying and not the
afflicted who is lacking.

Brad