ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:26:58 -0500
Phil,

The link you referred to gave a 404 error. That being said I agree. People
are quick to put blame on those who they feel not only have caused this
tragedy, but well should have deserved to suffer in it. And that in itself
is a good point. Did not Abraham talk with God and kept asking him if he'd
destroy Sodom and Gomorah if there were 50 godly people? 40 people? And now
bidding30Bidding30ThirtyBidding30... oh brother not that again but did not
God make it plain he wasn't about to destroy his people for the sins of the
perverse in the two cities. How many Christians found themselves then in
harm's way due to the sins of the wicked? I remember our pastor in Texas
talking about his return from a mission trip. He felt like selling
everything he had and give the $$ to those who needed it. It bothered him
very much. Of course he didn't do it, but then he doesn't have a 1.3
million dollar house, $20,000 Rollex and etc. But  he did get a perspective
I pray he never loses sight of as a leader in God's plan.

Brad

Phil Scovell wrote:
>I wrote this about 9 11 as well.  Maybe now is a good time to remember.
>
>American Christian Leadership In Question
>
>By Phil Scovell
>
>Taken from:
>
>http://www.redwhiteandblue.org/plstexts/LEADER.HTM
>

>      What you are about to read is something that came to me on
>the morning of Sunday, September 23, as I sat and considered all
>the things I had been hearing during the week.  Some things are my
>own personal opinions while others are things the Lord has shown
>me about the church in America over the last year.
>
>      I have been greatly concerned in recent days that some of
>our national Christian leaders have been speaking out about the
>terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.  My concern is
>specifically about their negativity, as it relates to the nation,
>and because of whom they blame for this tragedy.  Their messages
>have been largely inflammatory, specifically degrading, and
>purposely accusatory.  The tone of their messages have been one
>which clearly outlines this nation is being judged for its
>sinfulness by sinners whom they painstakingly name as prostitutes,
>pimps, homosexuals, abortionists, criminals, drug dealers,
>addicts, and immoral people in general.  I am not referring to a
>single person's remarks but several of whom I have read or
>personally heard on radio and television.  They all attempt to use
>Scripture as the bases for their claims as well.
>
>      I have spoken with Christians who find these public
>statements by Christians not only confusing and disturbing but
>Biblically conflicting.  If in case you, too, are confused let me
>state it in terms we all can understand.  They believe the reasons
>behind the loss of perhaps 6,000 lives and the destruction of the
>World Trade towers, not to mention the disruption of the stock
>market, is a direct result of this nation, as a whole, not
>repenting and turning to God.  Furthermore, they believe it is a
>sign of God's judgement upon us as a nation for all of our
>wickedness.  Many of them strongly recommend you, at this most
>critical of financial times, pull all of your money out of the
>stock market.  In short, they believe sinners are to blame and
>specifically sinners who are not born again Christians as they
>define it.
>
>      Now, I am going to tell you what I personally think.  Keep in
>mind, I have no large church to promote.  I have no Christian
>magazine for which I will solicit your monthly subscription.
>Furthermore, I have no ministry to support and I have no
>television program for which I must pay.  Nor am I going to hold
>an offering plate under your nose before I finish my sermon.  So
>you can take my words for what they are worth because I have no
>hidden agenda.
>
>      First, I submit these national Christian leaders are self
>appointed.  Are They operating large ministries with worldwide
>ministries due to their mighty power with God or is their power
> [...]

Brad

   Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is offering
  Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!