BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:24:00 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Yes!!!, But they're searching bags down there, so don't do no funny
> stuff...
>
> Twybil

Within two weeks after 9/11 I was down there on the steps standing
around waiting for someone to arrive. I was holding my aluminium
briefcase and noticed that I was being noticed. We had been asked to
clean off the roof of debris from WTC. I suspect when my queries went
towards the A word we were suddenly removed from the A list. Never ever
heard back from anyone on that proposal. A very interesting low pitch
roof of marble slabs. There was about a half inch of grey powder along
with business papers, personal belongings, and other articles of human
incrimination deposited there.

Someone unmentionable here on another list who mentioned the grandeur or
somesuch of totalitarian/fascist dictators having profound impact on
urban design & monumental architecture -- as in Stalin -- I got a tingle
thinking the cost of 15M dead and the result being 'gift' examples such
as the Palace of Culture in Warsaw... eventually my query led to
wondering at what point in the future Ossama bin Laden will be
breathlessly credited as a genius of urban planning and progressive
architecture for his causal elimination of the WTC. I took pains to
indicate that any architect who was today sequestered in a room with a
surviving family member and mentioned same would be in danger of
elimination. I'm trying to be told where the line is between 'objective'
fine architecture, the ethics of architects in bed with the devil, the
relationship to totalitarian/fascist governments and the distinction
between their building monumental buildings and killing off, torturing
or otherwise supressing their people. I am actually VERY curious about
this set of ideas that float between annihilation and rebirth of the
built environment.

][<en