From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:01:30 -0400
Don,

I found it in the manual by just searching for the word "scan".  To
activate the scan, press Function followed by Tone (Keypad 7) for 1
second.  You'll hear a beep when the radio finds the tone, at which point
you press the joystick in, or to the right.  Before you try this, make sure
PL is selected by pressing Keypad 7 the appropriate number of times.

Steve