Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:23:39 -0500
Seems to me this is in direct violation of what ham radio is supposed to be all
about.  The only way these clowns may get away with this is because coordination
is "voluntary" but as the FCC has tended to side with coordination in legal
issues it seems to me that this amounts to the FCC requiring tones on ham gear
in order to use repeaters.

This kind of nonsense is just another example of the kind of reasons I have
dropped my ARRL membership.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html