Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:57:36 -0700
Rich,

I had a Ts-870 for 2-3 years.  It is accessible but no read out of the menus
like the Ts-2000.  I found over all the 870 to be an excellent radio with
the best receiver audio of any product out there.  Good xmit audio and
excellent to best filtering via the if-dsp.  The auto notch left a little to
be desired.  CW it was a good rig giving a cw read out of the code speed if
you pressed a key combination and then sent a "s" with the paddle.  I would
own one again if I could get one on the used market for the $1,100.00 or so
that they sell for used.  Bang for the buck the Ts-2000 wins.

Brian, k5in