AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:33:59 -0500
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

From Ruben Ernesto:

Something I would like to add...I've been involved in this program
since
April of 2004 and I have to tell you that one of many misconceptions
that
exists is that it's just for Latinos, just for Mexicans, etc.  Truth is

this program helps a wide variety of immigrants; including Hmong,
Laotians, Africans, Jamaicans and other Caribbean natives, etc.  I've
done
loans for people from African, I have a client right now I'm
preapproving
who's from Africa.  I have a business friend who does tax preparation
and
specializes in working with this ignored group of people...and believe
me
there are plenty of Africans and other immigrants around that are
accessing the Individual Tax Identification Number to complete their
tax
returns and to establish credit and to buy homes, it's not just
Mexicans.
These people are part of our communities...they are additional culture
our community, they are added economic strength, they are human beings
who
live and contribute to our communities and not only deserve but merit
the
same rights that the rest of us have.  If a federal entity such as the
IRS
decided seven years ago that their contribution to the economy
warranted a
vehicle for them to file tax returns, then it warrants they deserve the

right to establish credit, get into debt like the rest of us and have
the
ability to purchase a home.  And the IRS is not the only Federal entity

that has recognized this group of people, one way or another the
federal
government is slowly making sure to recognize and keep these people
here.
Without them, our economy, social and cultural atmosphere would suffer.
If
you have the time by all means show up and show your support.

                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Confidentiality Notice- the information contained in this email
transmittal including any accompanying attachments is confidential and

belonging to the sender who is legally privileged.  The information
contained in this email transmittal including any accompanying
attachments
is for the use of the intended recipient only.  If you have received
this
email transmission and accompanying attachments in error, you are
hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, review,
dissemination, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents
of
this confidential information is strictly prohibited.

"Hedi Rudd" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]
04/20/2005 03:18 PM