AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:28:52 -0600
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

I was recently made aware of a terrific opportunity for physically
challenged people to take part in outdoor sports such as hunting,
fishing and snowmobiling. Adaptive Sportsman is a non-profit
organization that provides opportunities for physically challenged
people to enjoy the Wisconsin outdoors.

While fishing and hunting may not be for everyone - there certainly are
those in our community who find it to be an enjoyable way to spend time
and my visit to the website's photo area proved to me that there is
something to be said about the human spirit and how we approach our
limitations.

If you know someone who is physically challenged and looking for an
outdoor outlet - please share this information with them! If you are not
physically challenged but believe in helping others to help themselves,
you might consider supporting this organization.

The website is www.adaptivesportsman.org

Have a great day!
Hedi Rudd

Hedi Rudd
Equal Opportunity Analyst
Affirmative Action Department
Madison Municipal Bldg., Suite 130
215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53701-1626

608-266-6511 Phone
608-267-1142 Fax
http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/affact/AAIndex.html

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
Joseph Chilton Pearce