AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:15:22 +0000
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

I read an e-mail exchange yesterday, outside of this forum, to determine the
fate of Mathew Jallow's subscription to this listserve. It was decided, I am
told, to unsubscribe him.

If that is true I will like to know:
1) Which of the rules he broke? I do not know who Mathew Jallow is and I do
not agree with most of the things he writes. But simply because we do not
agree with what he says or his thought process is not sufficient reason to
disenroll him
2) Was he issued the warning that the rules provide for?
We should not disenroll people simply because we have the power to or
because we do not like what the person is saying.
3) Is he the only one that meets our disenrollment criteria? I have read
objectionable postings from others on this forum. Rules and sanctions must
be applied uniformly to all. What may be objectionable to one person may not
be objectionable to another.

If you do not like what an e-mail is saying don't join the discussion or
simply do what I do- delete it. This forum should not be made of people who
think alike and agree with each other all the time. It takes all sorts to
build a village.
If there is a discussion to disenroll it should be held either openly here
or a duly constituted committee.

Felix