Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:09:55 -0500
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:01, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry  wrote:

> >BTW, I eat mostly fertile eggs or DHA, Omega-3 enriched eggs.
> >
>i think it is okay to eat lot of eggs on
>a short period basis ( few weeks ) and none
>at all the rest of time . if a food is eaten
>regularly for a prolonged period of time you
>run the risk to become untolerant or even
>allergic to it without you making the connection .
>jean-claude

Jean-Claude makes the evolutionary point that answers this question.  That
it, it is not whether our eggs (most come from just one species of bird)
contain avadin in healthy or unhealthy quantities or any other scientific
criteria.  The point is, how would eggs have been eaten in the Paleolithic
(and they certainly were).  Eggs would have been seasonal - available for
3 months max.  Eggs would have been mostly from ground-nesting birds
(swans, ducks etc.). Eggs would generally have been eaten on the spot,
raw, probably after a walk.  Eggs would have been omega-3 rich, but NOT
because the birds were fed flax-seed or fish meal, but because they ate
fresh greens and lots of insects.  Present-day domestic poultry were
originally jungle-dwellers and didn't eat grains.  However, with their
brief lifespans, I guess they would be better adapted to grains now than
is Homo sapiens.

I would guess, on this model, you could safely gorge on raw eggs in early
Spring after a walk.  Anything else would be a deviation from the natural
way - not that deviations would necessarily be harmful, but the further
you go from the natural, especially considering the exponential potency of
interactions of such deviations from the natural, the less chance you have
of retaining the Paleolithic benefits.

Keith

People were healthy in the Paleolithic without our scientific knowledge.