ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:56:49 -0700
Kathy, I imagine some of your reluctance to deal with Chris is because of
fear of what he might do to you.  Am I right?  Domestic violence is a very
real thing, and it sounds like Chris is dealing with stress in a violent
way.  I can certainly understand why you're letting Greg take the lead on
this.  Of course you want to learn to deal with this the best you can, but
please don't beat yourself up with comments like "Some mother, huh?"  It's
a very volatile situation, and you deserve to be safe as you guys work it out.

Hugs,

Peggy

At 12:56 PM 9/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, Phil,
>         As always, you are right.  One thing that I suppose that chris is
>afraid of is responsibility.  He's also afraid of new situations, but on
>the responsibility thing, I think that he likes the idea of having
>responsibility, but not the reality of it.
>         By the way, Chris did not go to Eric's today with us.  I happened
>to have a recording of yesterday's events.  Unfortunately, it was of very
>poor quality, but about five minutes worth was enough to give Eric an
>idea of the reality of the situation.  Eric called the probation office
>for us and ran in to the same dead ends that we did.  AT least now he
>sees more clearly the opposition that we are up against.  He is
>encouraging us to still try to get the police on our side before another
>situation happens so that I can get my authority in the home back and so
>that they may be more willing to act.  I'm so sick of this!  The
>probation officer and Eric also suggested that we contact adult
>protective service, anything to get some protection and some real help
>for Chris.  Greg is doing most of the calling and leg work right now.
>I've lost a lot of the will to fight.  Please pray especially for Greg
>while he bares the weight of our family on his  shoulders.  I'm having a
>lot of trouble willing myself to put the next foot forward in walking
>along side.  I'm ashamed of that fact, but it is the truth.  Most of me
>just wants to take Caleb and Liz and move into our new house and be all
>cozy and warm and leave Chris behind.  Some mother, huh?
>God bless,
>Kathy

>Get your name as your email address.
>Includes spam protection, 1GB storage, no ads and more
>Only $1.99/ month - visit http://www.mysite.com/name today!

mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kernsac
MSN Messenger [log in to unmask]