From:
"Mary C. Burnett" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary C. Burnett
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:52:38 -0400

  a.. Manufactured from wheat/potato starch
  b.. 100% biodegradable and better for the environment
  c.. Decomposes in water leaving no toxic waste

They are sold through:
http://www.veripack.com//Product/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=79045&DeptPath%5Fid=140%2C+1410&DeptPath%5Fid=79045&ClickedSku=no&RequestImageFile=no&HeaderName=Biodegradable+Loose+Fill
and possibly other places.  I didn't spend much time searching on line for
them.

Is this something else for which we need to be watching? Should folks with
celiac disease hold their breath while opening packages with packing peanuts
to avoid the dust? Should we contact this company and tell them about celiac
disease?  I hope I'm blowing all of this out of proportion! I think some
biodegradable packing "peanuts" are also made from corn starch. I am an
environmental whacko, so I'm all for biodegradable or recyclable packaging,
but not if it might adversely affect my health or my 4-yr old son's health.