Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:12:08 -0700

My niece and her husband and "the crew" recently went
to Lenny & Joes in Clinton/ Westbrook (close to the
town line).
They insisted on bringing me back a meal for
babysitting, though I was terrified and said I
wouldn't eat it so not to bother.

Apparently the bunch of them asked the waiter/waitress
first, then simply marched up to the chef, explained
the whole "gluten thing" and went into detail about
"NO flour, NO contamination, nothing on the grill that
touches anything floured, etc etc".  They were sure
this was a new experience for the waitstaff, but were
equally sure the chef was at least minimally
knowledgable. They brought back steamed fish and
scallops, steamed mini red potatoes, and steamed
veggies.  The fish was in aluminum foil and absolutely
delicious.  Veggies were excellent and the potatoes
extremely tasty.... and neatly wrapped in aluminum
foil was.... bread!  :-)    I ate the meal (not the
bread!) and had no reaction whatsoever.
So, that's a new connection for your next trip to the
Connecticut shoreline.  I believe they're on the web
at
  <www.LJFishtales.com>

Kathy
Middletown