Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:52:23 -0500

Hello,

Last week, I purchased the 100 tablet size container of Whole Kids Calcium
Outrageous Orange Chewables for my son who has celiac disease and DH. This
was the first time I bought this product. The label states "Free of wheat,
gluten, soy, corn, yeast, fish, and egg." Within a short time after eating
one tablet, my son became ill. He had diarrhea 10 times that day. His DH
also flared up. Several days have passed, and he is still having diarrhea,
but with less frequency.

I know my son's reaction was from the Whole Kids Calcium tablet because I
also have celiac disease and we have the exact same diet. Except I did not
take any of the calcium tablets. I am not having a reaction.

Needless to say, I am upset that my son is ill. I sent an email to the Whole
Foods Corporate office. I will post their response to the list.

The lot number printed on the bottle is 402090. The expiration date is
03/2007.

Can anyone recommend a calcium product that is gluten free and soy free and
is suitable for children? My son is 4 years old and is small for his age.

Alicia in Chicago