From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.V. Rich
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:40:15 -0700

Thanks to all who commented on my posting about what I believe is the
easiest bread mix for making fresh tasty bread:  Kinnikkinnick.  The
essence of my original posting:

Kinnikinnick has two bread mixes in which the only ingredient you have
to add is a liquid of your choice - water, milk, milk-substitute or ???
- at a ratio of 2 parts liquid to 3 parts mix.  The two products are
KinniKwik Bread and Bun Mix and Kinni Kwik Sunflower Flax Bread and Bun
Mix.  The former produces a yummy white bread and the latter is more
crunchy and filling - with the sunflower and flax seeds.  Both contain
lots of dietary fiber, primarily from peas - 7 to 8 grams per serving.
You can check out their products at their website www.kinnikinnick.com

I should add that the most challenging thing about their product is
that they don't tell you exactly how much you need to make a bread in a
certain size loaf pan, so you have to figure it out for yourself, and
they don't tell you exactly how long to bake - it will depend upon how
large the loaf is.  They do make suggestions which helps somewhat.
Also, I don't think they don't tell you how high a heat to use  - I use
350 degrees.

A few agreed with me and/or suggested other products from Kinnikinnick
(pancake mix, chocolate covered donuts, cinnamon sugar donuts) or other
ways to use the products I suggested (make hot dog buns or hamburger
buns with a 4" cookie tin or by bending into a hot dog shape).

A couple suggested that Manna from Anna is even better. (Go to
www.glutenevolution.com)

One person wondered whether the pea starch would cause gas.  This may
vary for individuals -- we haven't had that problem in our family.

One person said that if I was right, she would be indebted to me for
life.  Wow!

Meanwhile, I made 3 baguettes yesterday and my husband and daughter
have eaten virtually all of them so I am back to baking again!

Jackie in AZ