From:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Rinehart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:32:48 -0500

Thirty-two of us (half celiacs) flew off with Bob & Ruth Levy for Bob &
Ruth's Gluten-Free Grand Orient Getawy to China, Hong Kong, and Japan.
These three weeks were certainly a dream tour of a lifetime!  We were
given a variety of sights and activities.  The chefs at the ShangriLa
hotels were unusually good about making gluten-free breads!  And the
chef on the river boat through the Three Gorges was remarkably
outstanding in his gluten-free breads and other offerings.  It was
interesting eating traditional Chinese food, and we all got more
experienced in using chopsticks. We all became good friends and had good
times together.  Unfortunately, the weather was smoggy/hazy and very hot
-- just like Houston.  We sweated and walked and walked.  We will never
forget the new experiences, and we have good pictures to prove it.  I
hope others will take advantage of Bob & Ruth's detailed organization
for other gluten-free getaways.

Janet Rinehart, Chairman

Houston Celiac Support Group

www.houstonceliacs.org <http://www.houstonceliacs.org/>