From:
Greg & Kate Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg & Kate Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:00:30 -0500

I have a daughter who was diagnosed at age 8.  At that time she was about 4 years developmentally delayed.  My son was diagnosed at 6 and was about 2 years developmentally delayed.

Now my daughter is 10.5 and is about 2.5 years delayed...which means the gap is closing.  My son, I am not sure where he stands but has several learning disabilities beginning to show.

My question is  has anyone else out there had children with developmental delay that seemed to be related to Celiacs and if so, did they overcome it with diet alone or were they always behind?  What about learning disabilities?  Anyone else out there dealing with this?

 I have seen such vast improvements but just wondering how far it will go as they are still behind.  The son has motor planning problems....I don't know if this is related or if he would or will just be this way.  The daughter is dyslexic but has begun to read at 10 years old.

I would appreciate any responses if you have dealt with this or know anyone who has.

Thanks,

Kate (mom of 5 celiac children and a celiac husband)