BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Krysta Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 07:14:16 -0400
Do you use the web site www.Assistivemedia.org?

If you do, or if you don't, I, along with a few other graduate students at
the University of Michigan's School of Information, am interested in your
impressions and feedback of the site.

Assistive Media is a non-profit organization and web site that offers
downloadable RealAudio files of spoken word recordings of literary works.
The site and downloads are free and access requires a 28.8K or better modem
and a RealPlayer.  The site is ultimately designed for blind users and thus,
should be completely accessible for users accessing the site with a screen
text reader.

As part of a graduate course called "Information Architecture," my group is
working with Assistive Media and our semester-long project will include
evaluating the information organization on the site, as well as the users of
the Assistive Media site and how the existing organization of information
could be altered to better meet their needs. Our analysis will lead to
recommendations for Assistive Media about how they can improve the
information organization of their web site and thereby enhance their
services to users.

If you are an Assistive Media user, we would greatly appreciate your taking
the time to complete the short survey below.  If you have never used
Assistive Media, we would be pleased to have you visit the site and complete
the survey below. Responses can be emailed to [log in to unmask]

All responses will remain anonymous within our project, so you need not be
concerned that your name or identifying information will become public.  If
you do not have time or desire to complete our survey but can provide any
comments or impressions of the site after visiting it, we would greatly
appreciate any feedback.  Please feel free to email me with any questions or
comments about this survey. Thank you for helping us in this project.

Thanks,

Krysta M. Stone
Masters Student
School of Information