ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:03:32 -0400
Brad,
Interestingly  enough, we try to use the explanation approach also, but
Eric believes that, for Chris, that is the wrong approach because he is
so manipulative that he uses explanations as an opportunity to keep the
parent engaged and keep the  argument  going to keep the hope alive of
getting his own way.  I don't know if you've ever heard of  the book
"One Two Three Magic," but it's basicly an approach that advocates
counting to three, out loud, and then, basicly, bringing down the boom,
no discussion allowed.  It's too late for Chris, but if we had known what
is ahead, that may have been the approach to use on Chris when he was
younger.  Maybe not, who knows.  It's all a guessing game.  Talking works
really well with, especially Liz and Caleb, but I guess that that just
goes to show how much personality plays a part in designing the right
discipline approach.  We are definitely not  christmas  cookies.  Then
too, this all started at puberty so it really caught us off guard.  I'm
nervice that it may happen to Caleb
and I just pray that I am learning from this to be prepared for whatever
comes.
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.