VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:35:50 -0400
posting from Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad

Hi!

I have followed the E-voting with interest.  I'm very interested in being
able to cast a real secret ballot.  I understand the controversy, I
understand the fears.  I also understand the idea that big business and
government can collaborate to "squash" democracy.

Below, find something I got from the Utney Webwatch, its long and involved
but there are some good and interesting resources here.

We, as blind and disabled voters, have to acknowledge the fears of America
where touchscreen voting is concerned and so, we must know what's being said
and done and hoped for.
Steve

Five Things You Can Do to Fight Touch-Screen Vote Fraud
Critics of touch-screen voting machines have mounted a vigorous campaign to
prevent electronic vote fraud this November, when at least 28% of American
voters
will cast their ballots with the controversial contraptions. This recent
post from an email listserve on the subject outlines in exhaustive detail
some
of the ways you can help stop the e-vote makers from rigging the election,
as well as a wealth of resources for learning more about the issue. -- Leif
Utne
http://tinyurl.com/36hkb