VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:43:39 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am writing to tell you the rest of the story concerning my VIP-1000
talking thermostat.

It seems that when you send an email, you never know what will happen.  In
this case, someone on the list forwarded my post to Harry Cohen of Talking
Thermostats.Com, a company that sells the VIP-1000.  He passed it along to
Fred Rhoads of Smartway Solutions, the thermostat's manufacturer.  Had Mr..
Cohen not contacted me, I most likely would have lived with my thermostat
and its problem, because the malfunction only happened twice in all the time
that I used the product.  However, because of Mr.. Cohen's intervention, I
learned that there was a known issue with my thermostat, which you will see
if you continue to read this message.  Even more important, today I received
a brand new, upgraded correctly-working thermostat from Smartway Solutions.

This experience tells me that Mr.. Rhoads and Mr.. Cohen are two high-class
individuals who represent companies that manufacture and sell a fine product
that deserves our support.  I thank them both for their willingness to make
things right.  It is wonderful that they both stand behind the VIP-1000, and
are glad to help anyone resolve problems.

So, as Paul Harvey says, "now you know the rest of the story."

I also want to thank those of you who took the time to provide other
possible explanations for my experience.