From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:32:42 +0900
On Thursday, April 7, 2005, at 11:36  AM, Lynn Davis wrote:

> Well it's at the end of the third day since I have been trying to
> stick to
> eating Paleo.  Tonight I am having some difficulty.  I have stuck to
> the
> diet all day, but tonight I just feel like I need something else.  I
> know I
> have already eaten more calories then I should have,

Don't worry about calories! If you feel hungry, eat.

>   I am stuffed, but
> can't get rid of this urge.

I know the feeling. Are you cutting out some addictive element like
caffeine or tobacco? I get it from missing tobacco. I feel 'hungry' but
then realize it isn't hunger, but a craving for nicotine. Or, you may
just be missing your normal foods. The body remembers.

> My diet today has consisted of:

Lots of nice veggies, but where is your meat and fat? That is probably
the answer right there. It isn't paleo, but you could try slathering a
heap of butter on your food. Or frying up your veggies lightly in the
drippings from a fried chicken or pork chop. I never feel hungry after
a meal like that!

A typical days food for me might be, an apple for breakfast, a huge
plate of fried pork for lunch with a carrot and some other veggies,
another apple or fruit and the leftovers from lunch meat for a snack,
and more meat and veggies for dinner. I never count calories or measure
anything. Never.