From:
Andrew Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:02:49 +0100
> Been to the supermarket today... wanted some organic, grass-fed lamb's
> leg-steaks... they had some  cut and packed ... the price for a half a leg,

Which supermarket was this ? Never see anything like this in the local Tescos.

> Prices at Farmers' markets go down at the end of the day, so it's cheaper
> to stuff my... also go for cheaper cuts and offal too...

I suggest trying to find a farm shop. I use one, and not only is the price
much cheaper than the supermarket, but the taste is superb. Even though they
don't make any specific claims about organic production, just saying that the
meat is from local farms, the taste is so much better, that I'm convinced of
it's superiority. The pork and chicken, in particular, taste as if they come
from completely different species from the supermarket variety.