From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:19:30 +0900
On Sunday, July 4, 2004, at 03:09 PM, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
wrote:

> the model of human settlements that can promote that is the ecovillage
> concept . the ancient model of farm lands feeding cities have to
> disapear .
>
> jean-claude

We come at this from very different perspectives, but one thing to
remember is that all western and westernized industrial nations have
stable or declining populations. All population growth today is in the
second and third world, mainly the poorest countries. There is every
reason to believe that population is already near its peak and will
begin falling quite rapidly in our lifetimes. here in japan where I
live this is a big issue. The government is frantically trying to think
of some way to get from the old, rising population viewpoint to the
new, aging and falling population.

Europe and Japan in particular are or will be experiencing this
phenomenon very soon. The US is not, but only because immigration is a
million people a year, so population there is still rising. The
native-born population is stable, however.

Paleo, or at least a meat-based diet is not impossible for the masses.
But, as I said, few people are likely to adopt it.