C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:51:43 -0500
Thanks, Kendall, for amplifying what I was trying to say.  I can see
the need for such sigs on a parents' list, but here, where most of us
are the CPs, I feel it can be a bit degrading.  I hate having a label
slapped on me, and I think such sigs aren't really appropriate here.
I see it rather like being in hospital and hearing a doctor refer to
you as "the broken leg in Room Four-oh-five." (and yes, that did
happen to me, and I was most annoyed at the time!).

Now, that is not to say that I'm going to make a rule and enforce it;
that'd be silly.  I'm just voicing my opinion.

Kat