C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:26:27 EST
This is from Lorri.  Her Medicaid benefits are about to be cut.

Dear   Mr. Garr

My name is Lorrinda Mabry I am writing to ask you to please save  TennCare.
I am 39 and have Cerebral Palsy.

If Tennessee  goes back to a bare bones Medicaid plan.  Many  people will not
be able get the health care, medicine, or services that they  need.  Without
health care and medication they will become sicker and will  be unable to work
or be a productive member of society.

If Tennessee  does scrap TennCare, where will the 400,000 enrollees  like
myself who have chronic illnesses or disabilities find the care and  services
that we need? Using hospital emergency rooms will not give us the  proper care we
need and will cost taxpayers money. Giving up the TennCare  program will also
mean loosing billions of dollars in federal matching money and  will probably
end up costing the state more money in the end.

Further, I believe that TennCare can be saved without harming enrollees,  and
it’s up to the Governor to do it. Blaming the advocates who try to protect
people with chronic illnesses or disabilities is wrong and does not do anything
 to help! I hope you will think twice before you scrap TennCare and put my
life  and the lives of other Tennesseans in danger.

Signature