Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:53:30 +0200
Hello everyone, I´m a med. student from Sweden joining this group. Currently
I´m  working on a pilot-study on paleolithic diet on healthy volunteers.
Following is a reply to Eva Hedin.

>From: Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>

>Now and then there is a mentioning on this list on the longevity of the
>Japanese. I always found the concentration on Japan a bit odd since there
>are many more countries in the world where people get old so I made a
>search on that.

I heard of a study some time ago, comparing groups of Japanese immigrants to
the U.S. Acording to it, life expectancy was connected to cultural factors
other than diet, as the cohort af japanese adopting American food but
sticking to their original culture in other respects retained the life
expectancy of japan but the cohort eating japanese but adopting American
culture attained American life expectancy figures.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

/Magnus.

Auktioner: Tjäna en hacka på gamla prylar http://tradera.msn.se