C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michael Orzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:53:19 -0400
Jeff,

I read about your problem with your fingers on the CP list and I
have/had a very similar situation.  In fact, when I was a child my
right finger used to cut my right thumb so bad that my thumb lost its
nail on more then one occasion.  What we did was many things but I
remember some that worked, these included.

Putting a cloth glove over my hand with the fingers cut off except the
offending finger.  That way the offending finger (the one that does
the cutting) is covered and since the glove is cloth, the skin should
not break down.

I still have to have a glove maybe one week per every two years.  The
reason why I don't have to put the glove on as much as when I was a
kid/teenager is because I had a cryothalimectomy (sp?) when I
was 21 (which is a operation in which Drs. kill a portion of your
brain that is making the part of the body spastic, it is done while
you are awake). My right hand is calmer and my right side is not as
spastic.

By the way, for everyone on the list, Wendy and I moved in to our
house on February 28th and we love it.  We are in a good neighborhood
in Colonie NY (which is a a burb of Albany).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments.