AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:53:07 -0600
From:
PETER WUTEH VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
** Please visit our website: http://www.africanassociation.org **

Great news indeed, Richard! The scenario in Togo is one that warrants
perpetual vigilance.Many questions remain unanwered in my mind:
1)Why are these elections being rushed?Does the Togolese constitution
not stipulate a 60-day intervalin the wake of presidency vacancy for
elections to be held?
2) Why is Abass  Bonfoh the acting the PRESIDENT of togo now? Who is
he? What became of the constitutional rights of the national assembly
president?
3)Is Bonfoh not of the same tribe as the AYADEMAS by any by any chance?
election observers had better be serious about what they are doing in
that minunscule country. Any inattention on their part is likel to
yield disastrous results.
Let's keep hope and alive and give Togolese political role-players the
benefit of the doubt.
PETER VAKUNTA