From:
Nikolena Moysich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nikolena Moysich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:24:23 -0700

I'm new to Eugene and new to avoiding gluten, and so am working on figuring
out where I can eat. So far I'm so miserable when I try to explain to wait
staff, often through a language barrier, why I am a picky customer who is
suspicous of every little dribble of sauce, that I mostly I just don't go
out.

From looking at the archives I've seen there are some good GF restaurants
in Eugene, most notably Cafe Yumm & Cosmic Pizza, but also Chapala's,
Biagi's and Taste of India. I can't wait to try them, but I"m also hoping
to get some more info.

I've searched on the three major celiac organizations, and tried contacting
a couple leads, but so far no one has responded about a gluten sensitivity
support group in my town--Eugene, OR. I would like to know from any one of
you if:

1) You know of a Eugene support group
2) You would like to be in one if I start it (it would probably be a
monthly meal kind of thing)
3) You can offer tips about what restaurants you go to and what you order.
I'm also casein free. I'd especially like to find more bread besides frozen
rice bread.

Thanks.

 -Layna in Eugene, OR