From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J.V. Rich
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:34:03 -0700

We  have been GF for a little over a year and have tried all of the
frozen breads and bread mixes that I can buy locally and bread recipes
from several cookbooks.  I have bought about a dozen different flours
and have countless canisters filled with them in my refrigerator and on
my kitchen counter.

Our local Whole Foods carries Kinnikinnick English muffins and a few
other products that we like and so I decided to take the plunge and
order from them over the internet.  Since I was paying a set amount for
shipping, I decided to try some products unavailable at our local
stores.

They have two bread mixes in which the only ingredient you have to add
is a liquid of your choice - water, milk, milk-substitute or ??? - at a
ratio of 2 parts liquid to 3 parts mix.  This allows you to make as
little as one roll or several loafs of bread - you decide.  The bread
rises without yeast and the whole process (from mixing to eating) takes
less than an hour tops.  Both mixes produce the best GF bread we have
eaten.  (We use almond milk and up to 1/4 cup of oil for the liquid.)

The two products are KinniKwik Bread and Bun Mix and Kinni Kwik
Sunflower Flax Bread and Bun Mix.  The former produces a yummy white
bread and the latter is more crunchy and filling - with the sunflower
and flax seeds.  Both contain lots of dietary fiber, primarily from
peas - 7 to 8 grams per serving.

For those of you unfamiliar with KinniKinnnick, they are so gluten free
that they won't let their employees bring in food from their homes!
They serve GF lunches every day at their factory!

Although they are in Canada, they promise we will receive our orders in
Phoenix, Arizona (USA) within two days of shipment (they always ship on
Tuesdays).  The reality is that we receive them within one day.

You can check out their products at their website www.kinnikinnick.com

I have no financial interest in this company, but am pretty excited
that there is an easy way to have tasty fresh bread with very little
work.

Jackie in AZ