Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:53:11 EDT

Has anyone experienced an acidic or metallic taste in their mouth that
doesn't seem to go away???  My GI doctor believes it might be reflux although I
don't have any heartburn.  .
I have not been diagnosed with celiac per se, although I have been tested; my
blood tests were borderline, and the endoscopy showed no damage to the villi,
but did show some inflammation.  He suggested that I try the GF diet, which I
have been doing for the last 2 weeks and have no other symptoms except for
this acidic mouth, which is going on now for about 2-3 months.  The dentist also
sees no cause for the problem, and I have also been tested for a B vitamin
deficiency. Everything is negative.
I have tried Nexium, Zantac, and Pepcid but nothing seems to help.
My teeth are starting to be effected, ostensibly by the acid.
I'm really frustrated...
Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.