From:
Robert Easley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 00:07:13 EDT

Please help.  I have biopsy confirmed CD and I've been on a GF diet for 11
months. I have had no changes in my finger nails since going on GF diet. My
nails have ridges and the thumbs are spooned shaped. My research indicates my nail
condition is consistent with iron deficiency anemia, which I had when
diagnosed last July but I don't have now according to my hematologist. However, I
still have a red blood count that is always at the low end of the range and
sometimes slightly below the range (my GF diet did not improve my RBC). Has anyone
else had this problem? I'd appreciate any comments.Will summarize. I've also
been unable to gain much weight. Steve