From:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Jamerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:03:56 -0600

Well, once again, my friends, I always learn from your combined experiences
and wisdom.

Regarding the skin spots:

Several replied that they too, have the spots, especially after eating out.
It could be attributed to:
Cross contamination
Several thought it could be too much iodine (in the salt, or in shrimp, for
example).   It's known to trigger DH.
One commented to keep check on the thyroid since iodine is being avoided.
Stress and/or cold weather - especially when the heat is on  [hadn't thought
of that - moving here does have it's chilly moments, and we have had the
heat on a couple of times.  And stress??  Who has that anymore??  (*~*)  I'm
just moving my 89 year old mother over here in a couple of weeks, and the
builders were supposed to be through with her garage apt. by the 1st of
October!]

One suggested using lavender oil to soothe the spots.
One suggested it could be oxidative stress and free radical damage is
actually what is taking place.
Three wanted the name of my doctor.
And one wanted to know how I managed not eating out and did my family
understand.
My reply:
[I cook my meals each day (unless there's left overs) and cook added things
for my hubby - baked potato, sw. potato, mac & cheese, etc. since I still
can't handle starches.
Since all our children are grown and married and my sweet hubby is not a
complainer, it's workable.
Only thing is, he's a preacher and it makes social times rather difficult,
but those around me understand that it's necessary and some have even cared
enough to get my "list" and prepare a special meal for me - as do my
daughters in law, whenever we visit.  I'm considerably blessed, and am
gradually feeling better than ever.
When we do eat out, it's usually at Cracker Barrel.]

In some social situations, rather than to go through all the details, I just
offer to bring something for myself, so they can go on and cook what they
want to for others.  I love to socialize and do not want to impose my
restrictions upon others.  I do like to entertain, and will cook non gluten
foods for my company with great care, I might add.

Thanks again for the input,
JJ

"Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are."
Theodore Roosevelt